How to Broadcast Live on Radionomy with Rocket Broadcaster
Warning! Broadcasting live on Radionomy is tricky, so please follow these steps carefully.
Before we begin...There are a couple of prerequisites before you can broadcast live on Radionomy:
- You need a station on Radionomy.
- You need to download and install Rocket Broadcaster.
- You must have tracks scheduled today (and playing) in Radionomy.
- You must have at least one listener connected before Radionomy will let you broadcast live. If you don't have any listeners, play your stream (and just leave it muted) for at least 10 minutes before you begin. After 10 minutes, stop playback and reconnect. This step is necessary because if your station isn't broadcasting, Radionomy redirects listeners to someone else's station. It's confusing, but it's they way Radionomy works.
Get your live stream information from Radionomy
- Log in to Radionomy and in the RadioManager, click Settings, then Technical Info.
- Keep the Live URL and port number handy, because we'll need this later.
- Click Change Live Password and set it to something containing only letters and numbers.
- Next, you must click the Reboot button in Radionomy to apply the new password. Do this now.
Connect with Rocket Broadcaster
Next, you need to connect to that Live URL with Rocket Broadacaster. Here's how:
- Open Rocket Broadcaster, and in the menu bar at the top, click File and select Broadcast Wizard...
- Click next and select Radionomy as your stream provider. Enter the information you found earlier in the Radionomy Technical Info screen.
- Click next and then finish to proceed through the wizard.
- To start your broadcast, click Start Broadcast. The connection status light should turn green to indicate you're broadcasting live.
- If you can't connect, reset your live password in Radionomy, and click the Reboot button afterwards.
- Double check that you have at least one listener connected. Try listening to your station yourself, and just mute the volume to keep your station active. You may need to wait a few minutes and play your station a second time before Radionomy will properly activate your station.
- If you don't have any tracks scheduled in Radionomy, go to Planner->Planning, and then drag and drop some Day Templates to today's date in the calendar.